It’s beneficial for the rehydration of dry, itchy skin because the essential fatty acids prevent the skin from drying out and keep it moist.
Antioxidants found in flaxseed oil are highly concentrated; they help the skin to protect against free-radicals and UV rays.
Its anti-inflammatory properties help to minimize any irritation of the skin or redness, meaning that sunburn or a skin rash may heal quicker once a little of this soothing oil is applied.
Flaxseed oil is extremely beneficial for chronic skin conditions, such as rosacea, acne, dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis, the fatty acids act to balance out the skin’s own oils and reduce any inflammation, helping the skin to repair.
Dry and flaky or dull and blemished skin may be the result of the deficiency of omega-3 in the diet. It is certainly very common for people to comment on how much their skin improves once they start taking a good flaxseed oil like this regularly.
- Flaxseed oil hair benefits also include minimizing dandruff problems and helping to prevent hair loss. So if you’d like to improve both your hair and scalp, a bottle of flax oil may be a far more effective option than expensive brand-name conditioners and treatments.
- The high omega-3 content of the oil is anti-inflammatory, which can quell acne breakouts, and irritated, dry skin. And the oil also seals in moisture, keeping skin hydrated and healthy, which can firm up skin, minimizing wrinkles, dark spots and puffiness.
- Flax oil makes an excellent, non-irritating make-up remover.
- Flax oil can protect against sun damage as well.
- Flax oil can be massaged directly into freshly cleaned, still slightly damp skin or adding a few drops of flax oil can improve the function of your moisturizer.